Japanese ski packages
Ever wanted to bathe in an onsen with snow monkeys? Or explore a 1,400 year old temple situated within a bustling metropolis? More importantly, are you dying to bounce through knee deep powder while taking in views of Mt. Fiji and beyond?
If so, Japan is the perfect destination for your next ski holiday and Snowscene, Australia’s leading snow specialists, are here to help you plan every detail.
Why Japan for your next ski holiday?
Japan has hosted the Winter Olympics twice – once in Sapporo and again in Nagano City, the launching pad for Snowscene’s Japanese ski packages. Why Japan? Several factors of Japanese skiing make it a top choice for Olympians, beginners and everyone in between.
For one, the snow in Japan is deep, fluffy and abundant. That’s because the island nation is in an ideal spot between Russia and China and the Sea of Japan. When the cold air from these two countries passes over the sea, it freezes and Japan is hit with heavy, consistent snow.
In Japan, travellers can experience ‘Ja-Pow’ – which means ‘powder skiing’ – at any of Japan’s more than 600 resorts. Further, Japan offers world class night skiing – a highlight of many’s Japan experience.
At Snowscene, our snow expert have toured the country and found some of the best Japanese ski destinations for Australians planning snow holidays overseas.
Which Japanese ski resort is right for me?
While there heaps of ski resorts in Japan, no two are the same. Each will offer snow-seekers a unique experience. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Tomamu – Centrally located in Hokkaido, Tomamu offers a massive variety of terrain, including an experts-only area. Tomamu also features indoor and outdoor pools, snowmobiling, a sled park and other attractions.
- Rusutsu – If you want to skip the crowds, Rusutsu is the Japanese ski resort for you. A noticeably quieter resort, Rusutsu boasts amazing terrain parks and night skiing until 9 pm.
- Nozawa Onsen – Japan’s oldest resort, Nozawa Onsen is where the Japanese go to ski. Here, culture is rich, the skiing is exceptional and the onsens are plenty.
- Club Med Sahoro – At Club Med Sahoro, gourmet dining, lift passes, group lessons and the kids club are all included in the price – making this the perfect family holiday destination.
- Niseko – One of Japan’s most popular areas, you’ll easily be able to communicate in English at any of Niseko’s bars, restaurants and onsens. You’ll never run out of trails to ski either as Niseko is made up of four different resorts.
- Shiga Kogen – The largest resort in Japan, Shiga has it all, including ski-in, ski- out hotels throughout the entire valley. Because it’s so big, you won’t need to battle crowds either.
- APPI – Thanks to wide, well groomed trails, APPI is the perfect place to learn to ski. There’s also a family park with sled areas tubing and beginner terrain that will help your kids master their turns – and love doing it!
- Hakuba – In Hakuba, one pass will give you access to 10 resorts, 130 lifts and a perfect mix of beginner, intermediate and average terrain.
- Furano – Because the climate is a bit gentler, you’re almost guaranteed bluebird days at Furano, where you can also enjoy delicious local cuisine and culture.
- Zao Onsen – As one of Japan’s largest ski resorts, Zao Onsen can provide you and your family with countless runs on top quality snow.
- Myoko Kogen – Want to discover ja-pow? Then check out Myoko Kogen, which gets more snowfall than any other resort on the main island.
Planning your Japanese ski holiday with Snowscene
Organising your Japanese ski holiday doesn’t need to be stressful. At Snowscene, we have more than 30 years of experience helping Australians book amazing snow trips all over the world.
Simply tell us where you want to go and what’s important to you and our snow specialists can organise the rest, including passes, equipment, accommodation and travel arrangements. We can even arrange kids programmes or in-resort activities, including tours and attractions.
We pride ourselves in being a family friendly company who can customise ski packages to suit any budget.
A one stop shop for all your snow holiday needs, we can also help you get the majority of your gear and clothing at our specialised ski boutique. If you’re located nearby, feel free to book an appointment with one of our specialists, or contact us with any questions you might have.